The start of the operation meant that summer pastures were needed in the mountains and, overcoming competition from a private person who offered £ 6000, on February 9, 1907 the new co-operative dairy bought the mountains of Puria, Maranch and Garzera from the local authority for £3653, 25.
With the transfer of nearly 224 hectares of land obtained in this way by means of preferential treatment, the Co-operative was obliged to operate in a way to benefit the entire community.
After the initial adjustment period, the Co-operative began to prepare the pastures and the construction of shelters for the cattle, of the farmstead for the herdsmen and of water tanks.In the summer there were about 60 animals (of which only about half were dairy cattle) which pastured in Puria, situated at about 1000 metres above sea level.
The summer pastures in Puria were sold to the State Forestry Organization in 1966 and are now part of the West Gardesana Regional Forest managed by ERSAF, the largest in the whole of Lombardy. A new barn and farmstead house the “Life Vita Museum”.